This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Seachem Equilibrium Adds How Much K??

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plant Fertilization' started by Ivy Zhu, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Ivy Zhu

Ivy Zhu New Member

Local Time:
    10:40 AM
    I use RODI water, and so I have to add around 8 grams of Seachem Equilibrium to reach around 6dGH for my 5 gallon planted tank. This also adds...80ppm of Potassium? I know that people say overdosing potassium is not a worry, is this really true? I've also heard that an overdose will limit calcium uptake, and maybe this is why my plant leaves are curling despite 6+ dGH. 80ppm, is that a concern? Should I switch to another brand without K or just make my own with Calcium Sulfate and Epsom salt?

2. rajkm

rajkm Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    3:40 PM
    Make your own. 80ppm sounds about right, and if you think it’s worrying then making your own is best option. I have used equilibrium in past with no issues though.