This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Rotala Wallichi

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by Peter Carroll, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Peter Carroll

Peter Carroll Junior Poster

Local Time:
    1:59 PM
    Can anyone provide some general parameters for growing Rotala Wallichi?

The leaves seem to be consideralby shorter than when I purchased the plant. Only the new growth is a vibrant red. What conditions does it perfer?

I have now trasnferred it to a 90G tank w. 4 Watts 10,000k Aquasun / gallon, NO3 5pmm, PO4 is running at .6ppm which is higher than usual for my tank. KH 4, Ph 6.7- 6.8, moderate fish load, Flourite, no substrate fertilizer for the RW,74-76 F.

Generally, what promotes the reds in Rotala species?

Thanks for the help,

Peter

2. Professor Myers

Professor Myers Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Off the top of my head I'd suggest a warmer spectrum bulb such as a Coralife Colormax, or any higher quality CF in the 5000/5500K range. Other than that it enjoys brisk current, and does particularly well with Co2 misting. Mine seems to do better in ADA ASA over harder/coarser substrates. If you really enjoy that Red I'd get the Colormax ! When I switched mine to 6700K they flushed considerably. HTH. Prof M

Tom Barr likes this.
  3. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    ADA As should help with the Rotala's a lot. KH seems okay. I agree with Prof M's comments.