This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Rotala Sp. 'colorata' Twised Again

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plant Fertilization' started by ConaHo, Sep 14, 2019.

1. ConaHo

ConaHo New Member

Local Time:
    9:58 PM
    Hello everyone, I am from bad English coming to Taiwan.
    I used google to complete the next conversation.

After a period of effort
    My ROTALA still appears twised
    I did a lot of experiments and it lasted for a while.
    But still failed

Normal and abnormal are planted in the same block
    When new top leaves appear, twised immediately after a few days

My tap water owns GH<1 ,KH<1 ,TDS=40-50ppm ,NO3 and PO4 are <1ppm
    I guess the reason may be lack of CO2, light or deficiency nutrition .
    I tried to change many conditions independently.

1. Use CO2 to reduce about 1pH(pH=7.1 to pH=5.9 ) ,start and close simultaneously with the light .Although it didn't work, I still do it until the end of the experiment.

2. I started using EI, providing a total of N: P:K=10:1:10ppm of the main nutrient ,Seachem Trace 1.5cc and ADA ECA 6 drops secondary nutrition every week .Although it didn't work, I still do it until the end of the experiment.

3. I suspect that there is really calcium deficiency. After changing the water every week, I used HAGEN to make TDS up to 120ppm. Although it didn't work, I still do it until the end of the experiment.

4. After my light increased, the total number of plants improved. Finally, I suspect that the quality of the light is not correct, so I need more light than the original. I plan to buy a seneye reef spectrometer to measure the intensity and quality of light.

If the inference is correct, I will replace the light
    But if there is an error, I have no other way.

This is an abnormal part of the same block
    3.jpg 4.jpg

This is the same block, but the normal part, I believe that in a few days, there will still be twised
    1.jpg 2.jpg

#1 ConaHo, Sep 14, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2019