This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Rotala Kill Tank

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Pikez, Oct 21, 2016.

1. burr740

burr740 ~~ Lover of Micros ~~
    Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    4:47 PM
    Hey if it's not too much trouble could you run this with 50% water changes?

2. edelry.junior

edelry.junior Graphic Designer
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    10:47 PM
    Lol. Sure man :) Glad to help

I am on the subway now, so I cant do a screenshot, but with 50% it keeps accumulating, and in 4 weeks you are over 35ppm.

Using 15 and 5 doses, instead of 18 and 6, it is stable at 20 - 25ppm in 2 weeks. Exactly between 20.9 and 23.4, assuming you dose 15 on day 1, and 5 on days 3 and 6.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

#902 edelry.junior, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    KeeperOfASilentWorld and burr740 like this.
  3. burr740

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    Thanks! Good to know

30 ppm per week has been working well lately which is how I arrived at 18/6/6. Im really more interested in seeing the swing than possible accumulation (which would be 60 with zero uptake)

Whenever its convenient could you post a screenshot with both 18/6/6 and 15/5/5, including the 2 ppm and 3 ppm uptake lines like the one above. Thanks! :) :)

4. msb

msb Junior Poster

Local Time:
    I am dosing close to this. 16.5/5 NO3/P 2x per week My reasoning is GSA prevention, water change schedule, and looking for easy fixes for problem plants. Water change twice a week, changing media twice a week, and high flow helps to keep a real clean tank. It did not make sense to macro dose then change water sometimes less then 24hr later.

Sunday- water change then dose macro
    Monday- dose micro
    Tuesday- dose micro
    Wednesday- water change then dose macro
    Thursday- dose micro
    Friday- dose micro
    Saturday- dose micro

Tank setup under three months old using aquasoil. Dosing was all over the place during times where some plants were not doing good. Full EI, half EI, skipping dosing etc.

I am into the second week with this schedule and did start using excel since also. The plants Ive had issues with that I havnt already trashed are now doing great. Will run out of excel soon but stay with schedule mentioned above.

Again, not saying adding something caused issues, just saying had issues during times where dosing was inconsistent.

KeeperOfASilentWorld and burr740 like this.
  5. edelry.junior

edelry.junior Graphic Designer
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Hi @burr740 , some "flat nitrate" scenarios for you:
    NO3-Uptake-Variations.jpg

6. burr740

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    edelry.junior likes this.
  7. SingAlongWithTsing

SingAlongWithTsing Junior Poster

Local Time:
    2:47 PM
    damn looking at those charts i should probably back off from dosing NO3 for a few weeks. my API test kit's been reading over 160 ppm for the past 2 weeks even with 50% water changes lmao. been dosing 30 ppm NO3 a week for the past 10 months. tap still reporting in somewhere between 20-40 ppm (falls in range with my city's water report at least 0~33, 15.78 being the average).

#907 SingAlongWithTsing, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  8. aquanewb

aquanewb New Member

Local Time:
    5:47 PM
    Wow, just spent the last couple of days reading this journal from day 1. What a great source of information even for a newbie such as myself! Thanks to all who put the time in to contribute, I will be following along from now on

Might I ask where such great conversations take place on FB? Some aquatic plant group I assume??

Rob

9. burr740

Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    maciek_L and fablau like this.