This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

rotala indica growing horizontally

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by allybb, Apr 13, 2007.

1. allybb

allybb Junior Poster

I have just started taking care of my planted tank in earnest, and using the estimative method to fertilize. Around one week now. I notice that my rotala indica, which always grown 100% vertical, is now vertical from the gravel to about halfway up, then the stem bends and from there to the tip of the stem, it grows horizontally. This has nothing to do with the surface of the water, it's no where near that. Is this a good sign that I'm finally doing things right?

2. Crazymidwesterner

Crazymidwesterner Guru Class Expert

Mine has grown horizontally before but it seemed to happen when I lowered my light. That may be completely unrelated. I'm curious to see what others say.

3. allybb

allybb Junior Poster

The tank was in utter disrepair, so I started with a 3 day blackout (per tom's directions) to get rid of the BGA, trimmed off all the algae I could, started dosing, and got my DIY CO2 going again. The light and the substrate are just about the only things that didn't change :)