This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Roseline shark issues

Discussion in 'Fish for Planted Tanks' started by Htomassini, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Htomassini

Htomassini Guest

Local Time:
    1:54 PM
    Has anyone ever had this issue?

I just bought 5 beautifull roseline sharks. I set up my 10 ga qt tank filled with my ro water, set airstone, matched ph and put them in. they were happy swimming around, i put in 12 drops of aquarisol and i put in 5ml of api ammolock. Immideatly they started not swimming right, so i started doing a water change and they were getting worse, my wife in desperation suggested putting them in our sump, but by that time, (within 10 mins) they were dying.

Ive never had a reaction like this before.

Anythoughts?

2. evanluke

evanluke Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    7:54 PM
    What did you set the pH at?

Aquarisol has some kind of copper in it. My only thought is copper toxicity at a lower pH.

I have this theory that heavy metals are more toxic in acidic pHs with very little buffering (low kH and gH).

3. Htomassini

Htomassini Guest

Local Time:
    1:54 PM
    i think you are right, because it was r/o water with discus buffer to lower the ph

the water wasnt highly buffered.

hindsight i should have used aquarium water from my 210