This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

Rocks; what should I test berore to use them

Discussion in 'Aquascaping' started by Patrice, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Patrice

Patrice Guru Class Expert

Hi, I usualy use woods in my aquascape and I decided I need some change.
    So I got lot of rocks for a new set-up.

I have tested them with muriatic acid to see if they react. nothing happen
    Also, I have put them in water and then test after a weak. The PH did not change, The hardness did not change and there is no trace of Fe.

Should I consider I have done enough testing on those to assume there is no risk if I use them in my tank?
    Would you check for something else?

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator Social Group Admin

Sounds okay.
    A good washing etc, there are other potential issues, but you would see some with the HCL treatment, eg copper containing rocks etc

I know rocks well enough to know their geology and by pass such steps.
    Local geology web sites can help tell you what's what also.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

3. Patrice

Patrice Guru Class Expert

all I know about geology is that we do have a little of everything here and those two old gold mine at 2 to 5 min drive from town.
    What is that copper test you are talking about?