This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

RIO 800 RVT an Stupid Fish!!

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by inkslinger, May 5, 2011.

1. inkslinger

inkslinger Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    1:16 PM
    I have a RIO 800 RVT and lately the fish are acting stupid and getting stuck underneath
    the pump an dieing , I lost 4 fish so far, 1 cory an 3 otto's . Has any one had this problem is there a way to fix this.

2. Left C

Left C Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Rio has some foam filter attachments that can be modded to work. That's what I did with my Rio 600 RVT. Look at the accessories for the regular Rio 800. http://www.riopump.net/Replacement_folder/rio_replacement.html

Filter conversion kit
    200-800
    [HASHTAG]#0161[/HASHTAG] 5

Add. filter chamber
    200-800
    [HASHTAG]#0162[/HASHTAG] 2

3. Crispino Ramos

Crispino Ramos Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    I would call it an unsafe, fish-killer pump. The fish depends on us for their survival. :)

4. inkslinger

Local Time:
    Left C
    Where can I place my order for these 2 parts
    and do I need to order both conversion kit and add a filter?

#4 inkslinger, May 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2011
  5. Left C

Left C Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    The various dealers are listed in the link above or, I believe, that you can order directly from Rio/TAAM. I got my parts from Big Al's, but I don't see them listed now.

I ordered both and had to do mods to make things fit. You have to adapt these parts to fit the powerhead because these are for the regular Rio 600/800 and not the RVT models. The RVT models don't have a filter per se.

6. inkslinger

Local Time:
    Got all the parts, Now how do I put this together, Any pic's will help.

7. Left C

Left C Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    I sold all my RVT stuff to jake two or more years ago. I don't have any pictures.

I remember that I had to mix and match the Rio pre-filter parts along with some grinding with my Dremel tool to make them fit. The RVT's aren't really designed to work with the pre-filter and the pre-filter isn't designed to work with the RVT. They need a bit of customizing because of the intake tubing. Assembling the output/spray bar parts is pretty straightforward. You can mount the spray bar either horizontal or vertical or even diagonal, I suppose.