Rio+ 1000 w/ NW impeller

scoupland

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2011
Chuluota, FL
Is a Rio Plus 1000 with a needle wheel impeller used for CO2 circulation overkill for an 80 gal tank? It will be in a W/D sump and the output will be fed into the return pump. If an intake venturi is added, can the CO2 line be attached to the venturi tube port as the way to feed the CO2 into the pump?

Gerryd

Plant Guru Team
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2007
South Florida
Yes and yes :) I use that setup on my 57 gal but also use a small cerges to remove most of the mist and bubbles. Works great and I will doing the same setup on my 75. I use the same setup on my 220 as well.

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
I use one on my 70 Gallon Buce tank, mostly because it's the smallest NW factory made at a decent price I could find.

scoupland

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2011
Chuluota, FL
Gerryd;120121 said:
Yes and yes :) I use that setup on my 57 gal but also use a small cerges to remove most of the mist and bubbles. Works great and I will doing the same setup on my 75. I use the same setup on my 220 as well.

If you added a cerges, did you put this inline on your return line or is this on a separate return line? I had a modified impeller pump for crushing CO2 that fed into my return pump but it created mist in the tank. Do you have a thread on your cerges set-up?

Gerryd

Plant Guru Team
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2007
South Florida
scoupland;120129 said:
If you added a cerges, did you put this inline on your return line or is this on a separate return line? I had a modified impeller pump for crushing CO2 that fed into my return pump but it created mist in the tank. Do you have a thread on your cerges set-up?

Hi, the output from the cerges is routed back to the main sump tank and then gets distributed via the main pump returns.

Works really well this way I find.

Gerryd

Plant Guru Team
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2007
South Florida
scoupland;120129 said:

Hi, the output from the cerges is routed back to the main sump tank and then gets distributed via the main pump returns.

Works really well this way I find. Yes, I have a thread on it. Is either in the c02 or general plant forum...