Riccia for sale (UK only)

Frolicsome_Flora

Guru Class Expert
Jan 12, 2007
Dorset, UK
ebay listing

Selling to the UK only for obvious reasons. When this ebay listing expires Ill update it.

I have loads of the stuff now, and its growing like a weed. Its good quality, and thoroughly picked over to get rid of any bits of other plants in it. Supplied in a 4oz polystyrene cup.

Frolicsome_Flora

Guru Class Expert
Jan 12, 2007
Dorset, UK

SpongeBob SquarePlants

Prolific Poster
Dec 11, 2006
Any tips on maintaining Riccia? I bought some several times and have never had luck keeping it attached to anything. I've tried fishing line on drift wood, I've tried to tie it to chicken wire under the substrate. All methods = Riccia floating to the top piece by piece...:mad:

Thanks.

aquabillpers

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2005
OK, I have to bite. :)

Along with the riccia on Ebay were offered three bras ranging in size from 38 DD and 38 E to 34 DD. Did someone lose a lot of weight, or, maybe gain some?

Also, why would someone with a 38 E need an "underwire, uplift padded quality" bra? A picture might help to explain that.

There is so much that I don't know.

Bill

Frolicsome_Flora

Guru Class Expert
Jan 12, 2007
Dorset, UK
SpongeBob SquarePlants;17515 said:
Any tips on maintaining Riccia? I bought some several times and have never had luck keeping it attached to anything. I've tried fishing line on drift wood, I've tried to tie it to chicken wire under the substrate. All methods = Riccia floating to the top piece by piece...:mad:

Thanks.

riccia wont ever form its own root systems as it just doesnt have any. Therefore, if you want to keep it covering a stone for instance, you need to use fruit netting to hold it down, itll grow through it very fast, so dont worry if you can only find orange stuff.

other than that, it needs very good light, EI and good co2. it should be pearling after about 3 hours, if theres no sign of pearling, it might not have enough light (assuming full EI and CO2).

Frolicsome_Flora

Guru Class Expert
Jan 12, 2007
Dorset, UK
bobtail;17520 said:
I used green cotton and made a sort of net by wrapping it around a stone. Im not so sure it will stay put when I get fish though

netting is definatly what you want :) the time the fruit comes in. You need some proper netting with fish like barbs as they like to pull at it.

ps. i think you need to turn on your IMG code options at the bottom of your page.