Riccia fluitans?

Tug

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 5, 2009
Washington, DC
My LFS sold me cough, cough, Java moss. To me it looks suspiciously like Crystalwort. What ever it is, I have it attached to some slate. Anyone setting the record straight can have the cuttings. ;)

pat w

Nov 4, 2009
Daphne, AL (east Mobile Bay)
Tug;47917 said:
What, no one wants any Riccia? :D

Yeah I'd take some if I thought I had something you might want in trade. All I have right now is the Fabco needle valve vernier mod I posted a while back. Traded two to Wet for some plants and he threw in some riccia but I could use some more.

Pat

Tug

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 5, 2009
Washington, DC
Oh crap. :D Maybe ask Fred. I just gave most of it to a friend that wanted some. The cuttings from off the slate tend to be rather short, if i keep up with the pruning. I do have some in a brackish water tank. What I call brackish anyway, SG 1.001- 1.002 and I hope to grow it out. It did better then I would have thought, until recently. The other plants have grown in and are competing for CO2. The stuff attached to the wood died back. If what I have left does better on the surface I can do something then. But, worry about it growing in brackish water. If I should even call water with a SG of 1.002 brackish.