This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Rex Griggs Reactor With Fx6 Issues

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Patrick McKay, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Patrick McKay

Patrick McKay New Member

Local Time:
    8:20 PM
    I have my RG CO2 reactor set up and running.
    3” PVC approx 30” overall height, filled with media balls 2/3rds the height.
    My CO2 is added via a T fitting before the reactor. I know this is not the typical RG reactor configuration, however I have serious concerns drilling and a fitting a line into the side of it. I can’t take that risk.
    You can see in the photo that I still have a decent amount of small bubbles, these are coming from the filter output.
    My regulator was set to a very high bps count (like probably 20.) fish are totally fine. I’ve tried many different bubble rates and still get bubbles in tank.
    My understanding is that with the larger reactor (with media balls,) and the longer dwell time; that I could use a higher bpm count.
    For those using a RG reactor, is it reasonable to think that the bubbles present in the tank are a result of the CO2 injected before the reactor?
    I’ve seen setups with a mid height T fitting with a treaded barbed fitting suppling CO2, would this make a difference as opposed to injecting the CO2 before the reactor? On a different forum it was suggested that the FX6 has too much flow, such that it’s just flushing the CO2 through the reactor before it can dissolve.

Thanks in advance.

6A28FFF5-1D3E-4FA2-B790-645D8C799790.jpeg

2710CF85-65B8-499C-8D75-3D52B8670F0B.jpeg

D0309209-6E7D-4EF8-BE69-EE3FCB26E37B.jpeg

0400B6C1-D6BC-4FB3-AADD-D7ED78EEA942.jpeg

4E580D08-3807-4FFC-A39F-9CE8482E644A.jpeg

Tags: