This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Revitalized water....

Discussion in 'Off Topic and Chat' started by Vidar Vekve, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Vidar Vekve

Vidar Vekve Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    1:23 AM
  2. pigwiggle

pigwiggle Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Re: Revitalized water....

It’s crap; somewhere along the lines of “penta water”. A colleague of mine (we do computer modeling of water and water with stuff in it) has been dealing with the folks at penta water while putting together a wikipedia page on them. Classic wikipedia revert stuff, but the discussion page is interesting.

More structured water is ice; liquid water is essentially ice missing about 5-10% of the ice bonding structure. The claim kind of reminds minds me of Kurt Vonnegut’s fictional ice nine, a low energy room temperature crystal structure for water. When a seed crystal is dropped in regular liquid water it instantly freezes. Chaos ensues.

3. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:

See the wonky water schemes from the Aquaschisters in the link I provided here:

http://www.barrreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=502

http://www.chem1.com/CQ/wonkywater.html

Good old ice 9.......

A key thing in the link:

"The Grander process involves a field effect generated by highly structured water ("information water") developed by Johann Grander. The precise method by which he produces "information water" is a trade secret."

Precise method "is a trade secret".............

Yet........

"He suggested having the user reports which appeared in Grander Technology publications examined in detail by an independent expert to be named by him. U.V.O. agreed immediately – after all, Grander Technology had nothing to hide."

Wait a minute, they claim nothing to hide, all this science and research, yet no one can say what it does...................

Very interesting.........you'd figure if the method/prcoess etc was tested, you'd have to publish the results. That's what patents are for...........

Now you have seen a classic water Aquaschister's scheme.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

4. detlef

detlef Subscriber

Local Time:

That's the only article I came across some time ago concerning the topic which made me think there could be more behind all those claims about water behaviour. I forgot who directed me to this link. Have not heard anything else about this mysterious person and his experiments but it sounds interesting...

www.guardian.co.uk/Archive/Article/0%2C4275%2C4152521%2C00.html

Regards,
    Detlef

5. Laith

Laith Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:

This type of stuff always makes me crack up :D !

The sad thing is that there are enough misinformed/gullible people out there that someone can actually make a business out of it.

See Penac for another laugh...

6. Vidar Vekve

Vidar Vekve Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:

Guess I'll keep on doing that 50% waterchanges after all... :p

Then again....wouldnt it be nice to just hold a drop of "blue water" against the glass.... hocus pocus.... the entire tank was "revitalized"... :D

7. quenton

quenton Guru Class Expert

Local Time:

Those various links talk about scientific studies. Just about everything quoted is meaningless -- one group duplicated someones results, another could not. The group that did had 3 labs out of 4 showing +ve results -- 3 out of 4? One lab in error and you have nothing. No scientist worth anything would ever publish anything based on the results documented in the various links -- the more you read them the more they say nothing at all.

I think that thought more than anything else puts the whole thing into perspective :rolleyes:

8. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:

See the wonky water link...........there is a test to see if it's psuedo science..........

It's actually more revealing than any of the supporting evidence they ever offer. See that table on the link.

If it sounds like they are selling you a used car, they are.

If they have something that really does work, it'll work consistently for all, not just a few and then 1/2 not for the others.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

9. bogongmoth

bogongmoth Junior Poster

Local Time:

LOL - I notice there are no scientific studies; the only research is user feedback, including the "independent research", which is merely verifying that the users meant what they said in the feedback.

And if all the users are as desperately gullible as this dear soul (Blue Water is apparently another name for Grander water)http://naturteknologi.tripod.com/id39.html
    Aah well, humans are still as strongly drawn to magic as they ever were :D

10. detlef

detlef Subscriber

Local Time:

Hi folks,

here is some more food for thinking ...

www.merusonline.com

although the subject is slightly different.

Regards,
    Detlef