This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Reverse Dsm?

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by geektom, Apr 16, 2018.

1. geektom

geektom Junior Poster

Local Time:
    12:36 PM
    Hey all. Starting to think about how I will plant a 150 later this year, using the plants I currently have going in a 20 and a 29.

Does anyone have any experience in taking plants from a submerged tank and into a DSM set up?

Specifically I am thinking about my S. repens- I want to spread them out and get quite a large bed going in the 150.

Any negative impact on the plants to go from submerged to DSM to submerged again?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Allwissend

Allwissend Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    1:36 PM
    So you want to go terrestrial huh ? At least for while huh?

Negative effects should only be a slowdown in growth at first, if done correctly. If done incorrectly, melting, fungus, dried leaves etc. Good part, almost no algae :D

S. repens is easier than many other plants to adapt to emersed state and can grow quite well. Maintain 98-100% humidity and spray at least daily. You can start them small and covered in a thin layer of water. I find most plants do better if they make the transition to emersed on their own.

3. geektom

geektom Junior Poster

Local Time:
    12:36 PM
    Thanks! I started them via DSM originally, but I want them to be well established in the big tank before flooding it. This will also give me the chance to start planting/scaling while I am finishing some other things with the stand and other equipment. It is a euro-braced tank, so it will be a big opening to keep tightly sealed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk