This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Removable panels for tank stand

Discussion in 'Off Topic and Chat' started by geektom, Sep 27, 2017.

1. geektom

geektom Junior Poster

Local Time:
    11:33 AM
    Hey all- does anyone here have experience with, or can point me to, building removable panels for their stand?

I have a large tank project planned for next year; one of the conditions from the better half is that it look "furniture quality". I want to make sure I always have easy access underneath, which will be filled with a large sump, and I am guessing the CO2 set up will take up a lot of real estate, too.

Currently my plan is to skin it with quality plywood, but open to any and all suggestions on materials and how to attach them to the frame.

Thanks!

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    geektom likes this.
  3. geektom

geektom Junior Poster

Local Time:
    wow, those are really slick- great for a fish/grow out room, especially. Thanks for sharing, Tom.

In my case I am dealing with a 150g stand that is already pre-drilled and attached to a very sturdy lumber stand (the previous owner used a black piece of cloth that wrapped around it).

Skinning it with ply would be easy enough for even someone of my limited skill, but I have a feeling I will want access to the sides occasionally, and have nice big openings in the front.

Lots of folks in another forum have suggested rare-earth magnets- anyone here do something like that?

4. PhilipS

PhilipS Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    4:33 AM
    Magnetic Push to Open latches is what I'm using. The whole front panel comes off for easy access.

Whole stand made with 2x3 and CDF panels.

5. slipfinger

slipfinger Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    6:33 AM
    Mooner likes this.