regulator ?

trong

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2007
i've been reading and reading about dual stage regulators (victor) can i just order a new dual stage regulator body and use parts from my exsisting dual guage regulator (guages, solinoid and needle valve) and have a working system. i've been using an M3 reg for 9 years without a problem but lately things are seeming different. high pressure side is dropping when there is still 2 pounds of co2 in my 10 pound can. is my reg starting to fail? I'd hate to pay 240$ for one pre made if i can put one together for less. any and all responces appreciated. thanks in advance

Left C

Lifetime Members
Sep 26, 2005
Burlington, NC
trong;49913 said:
i've been reading and reading about dual stage regulators (victor) can i just order a new dual stage regulator body and use parts from my exsisting dual guage regulator (guages, solinoid and needle valve) and have a working system. i've been using an M3 reg for 9 years without a problem but lately things are seeming different. high pressure side is dropping when there is still 2 pounds of co2 in my 10 pound can. is my reg starting to fail? I'd hate to pay 240$ for one pre made if i can put one together for less. any and all responces appreciated. thanks in advance

Hi trong

You can order a new one from a supplier, but they are expensive that way. I started the Victor two stage regulator threads here and at TPT. I've purchased my regulators from ebay in either new or in mint condition. All the two stage regulators that I've worked with have a female 1/4" NPT port. I don't know what size port that the M3 has.

Here are some regulators that I would purchase:
This VTS253C-580 two stage regulator is new. The price is a little high, but not excessive. You either need to remove the stock CGA-580 nipple and nut and replace it wth a CGA-320 nipple and nut or you can simply use a CGA-320 cylinder to CGA-580 adapter. It has a 0 to 100 psi low pressure gauge.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350315157051&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

This is a two stage CO2 regulator with a 0 to 30 psi low pressure gauge which works well for our use. It looks like it is a VTS253A-1993 regulator made by Victor, but has a different logo. This is my very favorite regulator model. It's nice, but it's too expensive. If this person would take $50 to $75 or less, I'd buy it. http://cgi.ebay.com/CO2-Regulator-T...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cebedab63

Get a CGA-320 nut and nipple and this is a good one. 0 to 60 psi low pressure gauge is fine for our use. http://cgi.ebay.com/Specialty-Gas-R...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item414efa0ef1

I have a Victor VTS253D-320 regulator that I am going to sell. I bought it new and used it very little, PM me if interested. It has a 0 to 200 psi working pressure gauge and it is made for CO2 use. Here is the actual regulator. I am just selling the regulator and keeping the solenoid/needle valve/BC assembly.
VictorVTS253D-320twostageregulator.jpg

VTS253D-320BurkertSolenoidJBJBubble.jpg

I hope this helps you.
Left C

Last edited by a moderator: