Regulator Question?

csantucci

Junior Poster
Apr 17, 2016
Looking to use this Matheson 3510-330, single stage regulator for co2. I have been using co2 for a year, and now I want to learn how to build my own.
I bought this used regulator for $30 bucks on eBay to tinker with. I'm assuming it should be fine. 0-3000 and 0-200 pressure ratings. Does anyone have any suggestions on good threads that I could learn from. Is this regulator even a good option to experiment with? Does the 330 at the end of the model number specify the gas connection type?

View attachment 13277

csantucci

Junior Poster
Apr 17, 2016
Thank you! This is exactly the type of info I was looking for. Typed in regulator build on the thread but there were tons to search through.

Fish Out of H2O

Jun 3, 2018
Eugene, OR
Hello, I build a sell systems. Learned everything from threads here and on PT.
The stem on your CGA330 does not need to be replaced, but you will need a 320 nut as that is RH thread vs 330 is LH thread.
From there, you need to source your post body. Reach out if you have questions- happy to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

csantucci

Junior Poster
Apr 17, 2016
Thanks. I thought I was going to have to replace the whole thing. Where do you source most of your parts? EBay?

Fish Out of H2O

Jun 3, 2018
Eugene, OR
eBay is a good place for sure. You just have to filter through to find what you need without paying retail. I made plenty of mistakes early on. Now I buy in larger quantities which helps. Other option is a website like DIYCO2regulator website, but you’re not getting best quality and paying retail.
I’ve got plenty of parts here for builds if you are interested. I have extra nuts, solenoids, fittings, metering valves. Let me know what you are looking for if you want & I will give you fair prices.
Best,
Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk