This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Regulator is not keeping pressure at 15 psi.......

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by andyl9063, Nov 2, 2010.

1. andyl9063

andyl9063 Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    12:25 AM
    I have my regulator hook up to the fabco needle and via bubble counter...

The cylinder tank pressure is at 800. The other pressure gauge reads around 15 psi. I get constant bubble per second. But eventually, my left gauge drops from 15 psi to lower. I think this is stopping my constant bubble count. If I loose my fabco needle, the bubbles go back up or if i loose it more, it goes really fast. Therefore, I know its not the needle valve.

Any reason why that pressure is dropping?

2. Matt F.

Matt F. Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    I had something similar happen when I was running a Milwaukee regulator. The CO2 tank valve wasn't open all the way. Something to check.

3. Left C

Left C Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Try increasing your low pressure reading. Before the CO2 is released into the aquarium, it has to open the check's valve(s) {cracking pressure}, contend with how deep underwater the output is, pass out of the reactor/diffuser and overcome the friction from the tubing.

You might be set to where the gas is passing through everything, but just barely. Try increasing the pressure. It may smooth things out and get it over the "hump."

4. Matt F.

Matt F. Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    This sounds plausible.