Regulator Help

Chad

Oct 3, 2017
Seaside, Oregon
I purchased a Airgas Y12-244A regulator off of the auction site for $25 before doing much research.

I know I will need a cga nut/nipple and a solenoid.

Couple questions.

Is this a dual stage regulator?

Is 30 psi enough working pressure for a ceramic diffuser?

Does this needle valve seem sufficient?

I will need to get a solenoid. I was looking at the post body kits from diyco2reg but they all include a needle valve. Can I just get a reducer and the solenoid and just piece it together from there?

h5AnvgC.jpg

6THXu5g.jpg

<3 Chad

Phishless

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 13, 2017
Arnold, MD
Is this a dual stage regulator?

Is 30 psi enough working pressure for a ceramic diffuser?

Does this needle valve seem sufficient?

I will need to get a solenoid. I was looking at the post body kits from diyco2reg but they all include a needle valve. Can I just get a reducer and the solenoid and just piece it together from there?

Dual stage yes according to web browse.
30PSI depends on ceramic diffuser.
Higher PSI and needle valves get picky.

Would purchase a nipple and solenoid and mount before needle valve.

Hope this helps.

Chad

Oct 3, 2017
Seaside, Oregon
I didnt realize from the picture that the left gauge is a little smashed. Hopefully the regulator will still work. I guess the next step is to install the cga nipple and give it a test.

IIXOYXr.jpg

Fish Out of H2O

Jun 3, 2018
Eugene, OR
At a glance, both gauges are not at zero, which COULD be a sign of internal damage. From experience, I would first perform leak down testing before you buy any parts for the build. Add the CGA320 nut and nipple and do this:

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/9...ck-co2-pressurized-system.html#/topics/137245

If it passes, then build out. Last, I suspect that needle valve will not allow for fine bubble tuning.

Best of luck in the build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk