Regulator build sanity check

fishlegs

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2010
I'm trying to finish up my regulator build and was hoping some folks here could sanity check it for me before I place my Swagelok order.

I have a 20lb CO2 tank that will be located remotely in our laundry room. In the laundry room I'll have only the CO2 tank, Victor regulator, and a Swagelok tubing adapter (B-6M0-1-2). From there, 4mm/6mm polyurethane tubing will be run through the wall to the aquarium stand (about 6ft away). Under the stand, the tube will connect to another Swagelok tubing adapter (B-6M0-1-2), the solenoid, a Fabco NV-55 needle valve, a Swagelok check valve (B-2C2-1/3), the bubble counter, then out to the CO2 reactor.

Here's the swagelok parts:
B-2C2-1/3 brass check valve
B-6M0-7-2 brass female tubing connector
B-6M0-1-2 brass male tubing connector
B-6M5-4M brass tubing insert

I picked up something called "RectorSeal Tplus2" pipe sealant for the connections.

Can anyone spot any problems? I can't wait to be done with this!

Left C

Lifetime Members
Sep 26, 2005
Burlington, NC
The regular Fabco NV-55 uses #10-32 threads. How are you handling this? Or is this a typo and you mean the NV-55-18 with 1/8" NPT ports?

I run a check valve before the bubble counter and one after it. One check valve keeps the bubble counter liquid out of the needle valve/solenoid/regulator assembly and the other check valve keeps aquarium water out of the bubble counter.

EDIT

Here is one of the possible check valves for use between the bubble counter and the diffuser using 4mm x 6mm tubing: B-6C-MM-1/3 brass 1/3 PSIG 6mm OD tubing, will need two of the B-6M5-4M brass 4mm x 6mm tubing inserts as well

Last edited by a moderator:

fishlegs

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Jul 8, 2010
The needle valve is the NV-55-18... sorry I left that out. I went out of my way to avoid #10-32 fittings completely.

That's a great point about the second check valve. Thanks for posting that part number - I didn't realize they made check valves with the tubing adapters.