This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Regulator Body Thickness

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by Matt F., May 16, 2011.

1. Matt F.

Matt F. Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    7:49 PM
    I've noticed something and never really investigated it before!
    The body portion of my regulators differ in thickness. I wonder what this means.

SGT500
    [​IMG]

SGT500
    [​IMG]

SGT160
    [​IMG]

2. fjf888

fjf888 Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Not that this is scientific, but the gauge on the right side of the 500 goes up to 4000 psi, whereas the 160 gauge maxes out at 3000 psi. Perhaps one is simply designed to handle more working pressure than the other?

3. Matt F.

Matt F. Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    fjf888,

The 3000 psi high pressure gauges were replaced, according to my source, by the new 4000psi/28000 kPa gauges. You can't get the 3000 psi gauges anymore. Only 4000 psi.

The regulators are all rated to 3000 PSIG.

That said,

it looks like whenever Victor gets a new head engineer, they make changes to the designs and/or ordering system; hence, the difference in body thickness seen in the three SGT models in the pictures above. This, too, was relayed to me by my source.