This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reflectors,

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by ccLansman, Aug 1, 2008.

1. ccLansman

ccLansman Guru Class Expert

I have a coralife fixture with 4 x 65watt PC lights, would anyone say the reflector that came with the light is good? I did notice that the shape of the reflector limits the back side of the fixture useless its towards the rear of the tank. Its squared off instead of sloping. Any way to put a better reflector on it?

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

I'd be more inclined to get a different light if this is an issue vs reworking it.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

3. speakerguy79

speakerguy79 Junior Poster

Power Compact light fixtures usually have very poor reflectors. Still, power compacts provide enough light for most planted tanks even with poor reflectors. T5 lights address the reflector issue by using a single tube (not bent like PC) and an individual reflector for each bulb. But even reef keepers are finding out that these lights are sometimes too powerful for their tanks.

If you think you are not getting enough light and want improved reflectors, check out ahsupply.com and use their own reflectors to build your own hood.