This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reflector for t-8

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by Brian20, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Brian20

Brian20 Guest

Hi, I dont know if this thread can be put here. Well I like to put clip on reflector to t-8 tubes, I dont have a lot of space for big reflectors. My big concern is that this reflectors will works, they touch the tube so it have internally reflection, This really works or only use flat reflector in the canopy?

2. pat w

pat w Member

Do you have a photo for reference? What is the shape? (parabolic, or somthing like the type at AH Supply) Hard to say without knowing the relative positions of the center of the tube and the focus of the reflector.

Pat

3. Brian20

Brian20 Guest

4. pat w

pat w Member

Yeah, they should perform better than a flat reflector. The key would be to minimze the amount of the reflected light that has to be reflected 2 or more times to make it to the tank. Each reflection will lose a little energy in the process, how much is determined by the quality of the reflector surface.

Did a quick search and found this.
    http://www.awi-industries.com/OPTICS_reflector.html

Hope it helps.

Pat

5. Brian20

Brian20 Guest

like precalculus parabola :D

6. Brian20

Brian20 Guest

looking and looking and no shipping for PR :(

7. pat w

pat w Member