Recommended plant sales site

PEMfish

Junior Poster
Nov 7, 2008
St.Charles, Il. 60174
Sooner or later I will be ready to order plants for my new 65g. At the rate this project is going probably later.
I work at the only LFS ( LPS actually ) that I would ever buy plants from ( Petco would be the alt. ) but for the prices I don't see what we do stock in the narrow variety worth it. So the bulk of the plants will be ordered online. This site seems to have a good selection with good deals; Aquarium Plants .
Has anyone dealt with them? Are they any good?
Dose anyone have any other recommendations?

Thanks
Paul

K

km9172

I have purchased plants from AquariumPlants.com several times, and have been happy with what I recieved. The quantity and quality of the plants were excellent. Much better than anything I've seen in a local store.

It is, however, an expensive way to go (shipping!).

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
These days, for specific harder to find plants, hobbyist on line are the best bet.
For general things, most vendors are fairly good

Regards,
Tom Barr

barbarossa4122

Guru Class Expert
Dec 29, 2009
NYC
Hi deucebiggss ,

Too fast or too slow second day air? I did not place the order yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShadowMac

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Mar 25, 2010
Grand Forks, ND
I'm thinking it is too slow. I am close to to aquariumplants, which is in south dakota, and i use next day. I have ordered from them several times and have been very happy. Just wish I could grow the plants as large as they do, still learning however.

GTR

Prolific Poster
Jun 4, 2009
SoCal
I've ordered a few times from different places. Mainly stem plants I wanted to try. For the most part they always come really rough to the point that I'm lucky if I can save enough to grow out. I think they haven't yet recovered from the shipping from the sellers supplier. I have a couple tanks I can keep them in at my shop and that's a good thing. Just got a few in the mail today and there was enough duck weed in them to choke the goose. lol