This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Recommended Needlewheel?

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by shoggoth43, Apr 16, 2016.

1. shoggoth43

shoggoth43 Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    3:38 AM
    My CO2 reactor is not quite keeping up. It's taking a few hours to bring the pH down in the morning. I'm thinking of replacing the rio 600 rvt I have with a proper skimmer needlewheel. It will allow me to hard plumb my reactor properly since it would have an NPT thread and use a larger tubing size as a result vs. just trying to fit a short bit of tubing around it. I'm considering one of the Tunze hydrofoamer units but the DC needlewheel pumps I've seen are interesting. Largely from the standpoint of keeping AC mains voltages out of the tank moreso than any adjustability I would gain from it. I'll probably also put some hydro sponge foam in the reactor as well to help provide additional turbulence to help dissolve the CO2 a bit more as well.

Has anyone been using the skimmer needlewheels and how have they been working out for you?

-

S