Recent CO2 misting experience

richr

Junior Poster
Jan 20, 2006
I've been running EI + CO2 misting for about a month now in a newly set up 72g tank, and I thought I'd share a picture of the tank. This is the best success I've had with plants.

This is primarily a discus tank and the temperature runs around 80ºF+. Many of the plants have more than doubled in size since setting up a month ago. Actually, some A. ulvaceous has gone from 2" leaves to 25". The lace leaf plant in the picture is growing almost as fast.

plants1.jpg

In case you're wondering where the discus are (you can see my one problem - some hair algae):

discus1.jpg

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
Re: Recent CO2 misting experience

Use a comb to remove it.

Regards,
Tom Barr

richr

Junior Poster
Jan 20, 2006
Re: Hair algae

Use a comb to remove it.
Thanks for the idea. I've tried the "toothbrush method" with limited success. (I've found siphoning it out the best so far.)

Xanthid

Junior Poster
Nov 3, 2005

Do you do water changes once a week or more with the discus? Ive been thinking about gettin some for my 125 but Im not sure if Im up to 2 60gal water changes a week.

richr

Junior Poster
Jan 20, 2006
Re: Discus and water changes

I am currently doing a 50-60% change once a week but will be monitoring the nitrates carefully for a little while (the discus - and the setup itself - are pretty new).

Bill

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2005
Houston, Tx.

I have Discus in a 120g tank.

Sometimes I change the water twice a week but usually just once a week.

My Discus are doing fine and they are very healthy. I think there are a lot of myth's concerning Discus, I've only been keeping them for about a year but they have been a very easy fish to care for in a planted tank.

Bill