This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

Recent CO2 misting experience

Discussion in 'Advanced Strategies and Fertilization' started by richr, Apr 23, 2006.

1. richr

richr Junior Poster

I've been running EI + CO2 misting for about a month now in a newly set up 72g tank, and I thought I'd share a picture of the tank. This is the best success I've had with plants.

This is primarily a discus tank and the temperature runs around 80ºF+. Many of the plants have more than doubled in size since setting up a month ago. Actually, some A. ulvaceous has gone from 2" leaves to 25". The lace leaf plant in the picture is growing almost as fast.

[​IMG]

In case you're wondering where the discus are (you can see my one problem - some hair algae):

[​IMG]

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator Social Group Admin

Re: Recent CO2 misting experience

Use a comb to remove it.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

3. richr

richr Junior Poster

Re: Hair algae

Thanks for the idea. I've tried the "toothbrush method" with limited success. (I've found siphoning it out the best so far.)

4. Xanthid

Xanthid Junior Poster

Do you do water changes once a week or more with the discus? Ive been thinking about gettin some for my 125 but Im not sure if Im up to 2 60gal water changes a week.

5. richr

richr Junior Poster

Re: Discus and water changes

I am currently doing a 50-60% change once a week but will be monitoring the nitrates carefully for a little while (the discus - and the setup itself - are pretty new).

6. Bill

Bill Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

I have Discus in a 120g tank.

Sometimes I change the water twice a week but usually just once a week.

My Discus are doing fine and they are very healthy. I think there are a lot of myth's concerning Discus, I've only been keeping them for about a year but they have been a very easy fish to care for in a planted tank.

Bill