This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Receiving plants

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by edacsac, Jan 18, 2007.

1. edacsac

edacsac Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    12:14 PM
    Hi,

Just a question on receiving plants in the mail, from the cold. I just received several boxes of plant clippings from various sources, and I'm hoping I've handled them correctly for now. Some mosses, riccia, HC, HM, a couple of taller plants. It's roughly 36 degrees today. I brought them in, unboxed them (but left them in the baggies with moisture,) set them on a table in the basement (where it's around 62 degrees), and covered everything with a towel.

I hope this is ok for now. The reason I'm asking is I came home for lunch to get them out of the cold, and what I did was all I have time for until I come home from work later.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Also, I recieved some dwarf riccia that looks like tiny pieces. I was thinking of floating it in the tank inside some nylon hosery for awhile, to let it grow or whatever. Good idea? I don't know what to do with the tiny peices.

2. edacsac

edacsac Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    Nevermind...

Not as big of a deal as I made it out to be.

3. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    I just toss them, anything even remotely viable right into the tank and pray.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

4. georgiadawgger

georgiadawgger Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Funny...I do the same...and especially if they have all sorts of twisted funky irregular shaped growth after the transit. I just recently got some L. aromatica that is all corkscrew shaped!

5. SpongeBob SquarePlants

SpongeBob SquarePlants Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    I do this when I buy plants from my LFS, pray that is...