Reactor

deucebiggss

Guru Class Expert
Aug 31, 2009
Is there anyone familiar with AquariumPlants.com's own External Reactor 5000? I am thinking of purchasing it. I am not a DIY kind of guy. I'll spend the money on something that is already put together lol.

Gerryd

Plant Guru Team
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2007
South Florida
Hi,

I have never used it so........

It looks like a decent setup, but feel you could do better with a needle wheel misting method.

A lot depends on the size of the tank and the light intensity.

Could you please provide more details on the tank size, lighting, general application?

Are you using DIY c02 or pressurized?

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
Likely be okay with the AM 1000.

The other thing is big and it's external pump driven, meaning that there is a pump inside your aquarium, the same thing can be done for any external reactor using a small pump, eg, a rio 800-1000 and an AM 1000.

Feed CO2 into the impeller or into the AM rector.

Regards,
Tom Barr

scottward

Guru Class Expert
Oct 26, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
Hi deucebiggss,

I'm the same as you, I ended up buying something because I don't have time to DIY.

My tank is 100 gallons, and with all the lights on I too have 240watts.

I only have 120watts at the moment, tank is doing fine with half the light.

I bought an AM1000.

I think this unit can only just cut it on my 100 gallon, but think, as Tom says, it will be ok on a 75g.

As I ramp up my bubble rate for the warmer weather, this AM1000 is really not going to be able to get me to 30ppm though.

Scott.

deucebiggss

Guru Class Expert
Aug 31, 2009
Im going to call that company again because they told me nothing was going in the tank. It hooked up to the outflow of the canister filter and the pump was there to mix the CO2 and water inside the reactor.????? This is the last purchase for my Tank, so I'm trying to find out what is best and neastest and not labor intensive. I have just been reading about the needle wheel and not to sure what that is all about. MORE READING lol