This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Re-introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Gerryd, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    6:48 AM
    Hello all, and Tom especially!

I hope this note finds all well as can be in this day and age.

I was an active member here for a bit and then moved in with someone and gave away/sold everything. I THINK I have a nice c02 regulator still :)

That said, things did NOT work out for me as I had hoped and find myself back alone with my two cats. Oh well.

That said, I am looking at doing some nano or small tanks, no larger than 5-7 gallons if I can.
    I would do low tech/low light with just a pair or two (max) of some small SA dwarf cichlid and another tank with a small school of something.

Perhaps some shrimp with the tiny schoolers.

But, I am thinking of going no filter (perhaps a sponge filter) but with such a small tank would simply do daily water changes, but if I go away for a few days, will not be an issue.

First thing is to see what tank designs are out there and go from there. Rimless and pretty for sure.

So, I will peruse the boards, but I don't see any magical leaps forward or technological wonder that makes it all foolproof :)

I do have some experience in the hobby (was a mod here for a time) and am happy to help as I can.

Thanks and take care.

EDD COX and Dusk like this.