RAOK Good S. Micro and Macro ferts

Green Thumb Aquatics

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2011
To enter RAOK for free ferts, shipped to you at NO cost! just reply to this post with a picture of one of your tanks : )

United States only for free shipping, if you would still like to enter I will pay $15 of the cost of shipping and you would be responsible for the rest..

Hello everyone,

I am happy to announce a new product that has been a long time in the making, Good S. by Green Thumb Aquatics... This is something I have been working on for a while..

When I started in the hobby I had no clue what do use for ferts with all the options out there... Eventually I started using Seachems full line. This was expensive and I was dosing some crazy numbers, 5.7 mls, 1.8 mls and using at least 3 bottles per day. Aside from all the bottles I had to use everyday I was still having signs of deficiencies in my plants, and started using double the recomended amount by seachem, this as you can imagine grew to be very expensive..

I was told by a ton of people to use dry ferts, however I still really prefered liquid, I looked around and could not find any that only used one bottle per day, gave me everything I needed with no deficiencies, and didnt cost an arm and a leg.. so after a alot of research, plenty of trial and error, and lots of help from forum members, club members, a chemist, I came up with my own ferts which gave me everything I need along with some glut for an excell substitute, I started seeing really great growth.. as my LFS was asking for advise on keeping plants and what I used, along with friends and club members, I started making it for them as well.. eventually I came to the conclusion that I should try to get this stuff out on the market..

well that day is finally here and to celebrate I am posting an RAOK and giving some away to see what people think of it and thank everyone that helped.

this is the original design when I was just getting into the idea of selling it and working out how people liked it and what improvements could be made.

DSCN8978_01.jpg

since then the Micro solution has been made stronger and added some extra stuff in there to make sure it wasnt missing anything..

the Macro in the begining was having some precipitate problems and those were resolved as well..

so once all solutions were redone a couple time and everything was good to go with what was in the bottles, the labels got a revamp..

here are a preview of what they will look like

Macro

DSCN8977_01.jpg

Micro

DSCN8975_01.jpg

this is whats in them

Macro

K...................3.804726%
NO3..............4.088667%
PO4..............1.163167%
Mg.................0.109569%
S....................0.144557%
Glutaraldehyde......0.26%

Micro

B...................0.012465%
Co.................0.000305%
Cu.................0.009715%
Fe.................0.131548%
Mo................0.000915%
Mg................0.041731%
Mn................0.049106%
S...................0.007728%
Zn.................0.010815%

and an example for dosing a 20 gal tank

Very High Light, pressurized CO2

Mon, 10 ml Macro
Tue ,10 ml Micro
Wed,10 ml Macro
Thur, 5 ml Micro
Fri, 10 ml Macro
Sat, 5 ml Micro
Sun, water change

High Light CO2

Mon, 10 ml Macro
Tue, 7 ml Micro
Wed, none
Thur, 10 ml Macro
Fri, 7 ml Micro
Sat, none
Sun, water change

Med Light

Mon, 5 ml Macro
Tue, 4 ml Micro
Wed, none
Thur, 5ml Macro
Fri, 4ml Micro
sat, none
Sun, water change

dosing is for a full plant load and pretty heavy, so I am recommending a 50% water change weekly

thanks to all the guru's out there and Tom, as this site is loaded with tons of knowledge and people who really know what they are doing...

so to enter into the RAOK, just post a reply with a picture of one of your tanks, and on the 6th at midnight 2 names will be chosen and you will receive absolutely FREE! a set of both ferts, I PAY SHIPPING!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
Good idea to add Glut to the formulation.
I use it in the trace mix, but no reason why folks cannot add it to the commerical mixes either vs 100% water etc.

Also a good marketing ploy to use RAOK to get the name out and around.

We have no vendors or ads on this site, but there are no rules for posting ads on the forums as long as they pertain to plants.
So take full advantage of it!

Wet

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2006
USA
I love that you're using this name and also love that you're adding Glut.

Congrats on shipping this new product and good luck. The Good S is now on http://calc.petalphile.com if you want it.

dantra

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2007
TX
It's good to know that hobbyist are getting into the business side of planted aquariums. I know you're not the first and you won't be the last however that being said, I think its awesome that your business started from a passion for knowledge of ferts.

Good luck in all of your endeavors. I know first hand it's not easy starting a business from the ground up. You are certainly headed in the right direction. Don't put my name on the list for ferts, save that spot for someone else. I don't have a tank up yet but I will definitely purchase some from you just to give it a go when I get the tank going.

Cheers
Dan

Green Thumb Aquatics

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2011
Thanks Tom!
Thanks Wet!

I would be very happy to have my ferts on the calc!

LETS SEE SOME TANKS!

remember just put up a pic of you tank and you will be enter to win a set of Good S. Micro and Macro, absolutely FREE! I PAY SHIPPING!

flyfshrmn98

Junior Poster
Dec 19, 2011
Here is my first planted 29 gallon. Starting to show some deficiencies so this would be great!

[attachment=960:name]

IMG_1006.jpg

charlie

Guru Class Expert
Oct 25, 2006
Green Thumb Aquatics;77470 said:
To enter RAOK for free ferts, shipped to you at NO cost! just reply to this post with a picture of one of your tanks : )

Hello everyone,

I am happy to announce a new product that has been a long time in the making, Good S. by Green Thumb Aquatics... This is something I have been working on for a while..

When I started in the hobby I had no clue what do use for ferts with all the options out there... Eventually I started using Seachems full line. This was expensive and I was dosing some crazy numbers, 5.7 mls, 1.8 mls and using at least 3 bottles per day. Aside from all the bottles I had to use everyday I was still having signs of deficiencies in my plants, and started using double the recomended amount by seachem, this as you can imagine grew to be very expensive..

I was told by a ton of people to use dry ferts, however I still really prefered liquid, I looked around and could not find any that only used one bottle per day, gave me everything I needed with no deficiencies, and didnt cost an arm and a leg.. so after a alot of research, plenty of trial and error, and lots of help from forum members, club members, a chemist, I came up with my own ferts which gave me everything I need along with some glut for an excell substitute, I started seeing really great growth.. as my LFS was asking for advise on keeping plants and what I used, along with friends and club members, I started making it for them as well.. eventually I came to the conclusion that I should try to get this stuff out on the market..

well that day is finally here and to celebrate I am posting an RAOK and giving some away to see what people think of it and thank everyone that helped.

this is the original design when I was just getting into the idea of selling it and working out how people liked it and what improvements could be made.

DSCN8978_01.jpg

since then the Micro solution has been made stronger and added some extra stuff in there to make sure it wasnt missing anything..

the Macro in the begining was having some precipitate problems and those were resolved as well..

so once all solutions were redone a couple time and everything was good to go with what was in the bottles, the labels got a revamp..

here are a preview of what they will look like

Macro

DSCN8977_01.jpg

Micro

DSCN8975_01.jpg

this is whats in them

Macro

K...................3.804726%
NO3..............4.088667%
PO4..............1.163167%
Mg.................0.109569%
S....................0.144557%

Micro

B...................0.012465%
Co.................0.000305%
Cu.................0.009715%
Fe.................0.131548%
Mo................0.000915%
Mg................0.041731%
Mn................0.049106%
S...................0.007728%
Zn.................0.010815%

and an example for dosing a 20 gal tank

Very High Light, pressurized CO2

Mon, 10 ml Macro
Tue ,10 ml Micro
Wed,10 ml Macro
Thur, 5 ml Micro
Fri, 10 ml Macro
Sat, 5 ml Micro
Sun, water change

High Light CO2

Mon, 10 ml Macro
Tue, 7 ml Micro
Wed, none
Thur, 10 ml Macro
Fri, 7 ml Micro
Sat, none
Sun, water change

Med Light

Mon, 5 ml Macro
Tue, 4 ml Micro
Wed, none
Thur, 5ml Macro
Fri, 4ml Micro
sat, none
Sun, water change

dosing is for a full plant load and pretty heavy, so I am recommending a 50% water change weekly

thanks to all the guru's out there and Tom, as this site is loaded with tons of knowledge and people who really know what they are doing...

so to enter into the RAOK, just post a reply with a picture of one of your tanks, and on the 6th at midnight 2 names will be chosen and you will receive absolutely FREE! a set of both ferts, I PAY SHIPPING!
Does that include shipping to the Canuks too:)

Green Thumb Aquatics

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2011
just checked on shipping cost, WOW, sorry Charlie, I will cover reg shipping cost, but cant afford that much, if you would still be interested in entering contest, I will cover $15 worth of shipping, anything over that you would be responsible.. the prices I got were close to $100, I have never shipped anything to Canada, would this be correct?

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
Parcel post is not bad, if you ship UPS/FedEx, you will be raped.

jerrybforl

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2010
Miami Beach, FL.
I would like to try but I have to take pics tomorrow and upload! I have a few tanks so I'll post a few pics. What would you recommened for a low-med non CO2 tank? I have good plant growth but would like to add the ferts once maybe twice a week. What do you think?

Gilles

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Aug 6, 2008
Netherlands
Can we work out a shipping test to Holland? If you put a "Free gift" and value of under $15 i don't have to pay import taxes... :)

AM6Z1100.jpg

Green Thumb Aquatics

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2011
I would just follow the recomendations for med light, start there, if your a minimulist, or dont like to do water changes then try adding less untill you start to see a deficiency, then bump it up a little and keep it there.. if you would like to do only once a week instead of twice, just double the amount for the dose and only do it once as med light is recommended twice a week.. my med light tank test tanks were just over 62w t-5 HO on a 40 breeder and I also used a 55 gallon lit with 56 watts t-5 NO, they both had great growth and no algae problems with recomended doses and inert gravel

BTW Gilles I really enjoyed the build thread on your tank, very nice.

jerrybforl

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2010
Miami Beach, FL.
Here is my 75 gallon low- med light non CO2 tank. I would really love to try your product, see how well it works, and let you know about it. I hope you pick me as one of the two as another product is always nice to try! I would really appreciate the gesture thanks...:)

View attachment 2724

Forgot to mention, the left side doesn't look that great YET! I was rescaping a few weeks ago and my kribs laid eggs. So I had to postpone.

DSCN3100.jpg

wdelarme

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2011
[attachment=965:name]

Here is a pic of my 16 gallon. Still needs a lot of work but I'm having a blast with it

photo.jpg

Green Thumb Aquatics

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2011
$5.99 for 8oz/236.6 ml
$17.99 for 32oz/946.4ml
also special discount for lifetime members on barrreport
if interested just send me a PM.

Thanks!