This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Support us by upgrading to the lifetime advertisement free version.

Click here for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Quick needle valve Q

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by abcemorse, Oct 22, 2010.

1. abcemorse

abcemorse Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    4:22 PM
    Does the Ideal needle valve fit the Milwaukee rig or do I need bushings?

2. Left C

Left C Lifetime Members

Local Time:
    You will need some brass fittings.

I don't own a Milwaukee regulator, but I have several Ideal 52-1-12 needle valves. They have female 1/8" NPT ports on each end which require male 1/8" NPT adapters at each end. The safe way to set it up is to use a 1/8" NPT check valve between the Milwaukee bubble counter and the Ideal needle valve. Between the solenoid and the Ideal needle valve, you can use a 1/8" NPT hex nipple. You can get one at Lowes, Home Depot or a plumbing supply.

These are the ones at Lowes and Home Depot made by WATTS:
    [​IMG]
    No. 122 Hex Nipple
    122-2
    1⁄8" MIP Both Ends
    A-714

You can get a male 1/8" NPT check valve from Clippard, Swagelok, Parker, eBay, etc. Get a low cracking pressure check valve.

This wouldn't be my first choice, but it will work. Here is an eBay Clippard female 1/8" NPT check valve with a 1/2 psig cracking pressure. If you get this, you will need 3 of the 1/8" NPT hex nipples. Two will go on each side of the check valve and one will go between the solenoid and Ideal needle valve.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Clippard-Minimatics-MJCV-1-Brass-1-8-CHECK-VALVE-/360309581155?pt=Pneumatic_Hydraulic_Valves_Parts&hash=item53e41fe563

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Matt F.

Matt F. Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    my guess is you'd prob need a new jbj bubble counter, too. The nipple outlet for the gas in that milwaukee bubble counter is conneceted to the needle valve. You remove the needle valve and you have a gaping hole...no fine bubbles just a lump of gas escaping into the bubble counter from the new 1/8"npt fitting and the idea valve...

4. darkoon

darkoon Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    I retrofitted Milwaukee setup by swapping out the stock regulator with a 2-stage harris and a swagelok low flow metering valve. Milwaukee needle vale is left alone because 1st, I wanted to minimize the changes/cost, 2nd it was a bit difficult to take off.

[​IMG]

Heemskn also swapped out the stock Milwaukee needle valve with a parker metering valve.
    here is his built.
    [​IMG]

#4 darkoon, Oct 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2010
  5. abcemorse

abcemorse Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    Cool, thanks for the replies, guys!! Helps a ton!