Quick needle valve Q

Left C

Lifetime Members
Sep 26, 2005
Burlington, NC
You will need some brass fittings.

I don't own a Milwaukee regulator, but I have several Ideal 52-1-12 needle valves. They have female 1/8" NPT ports on each end which require male 1/8" NPT adapters at each end. The safe way to set it up is to use a 1/8" NPT check valve between the Milwaukee bubble counter and the Ideal needle valve. Between the solenoid and the Ideal needle valve, you can use a 1/8" NPT hex nipple. You can get one at Lowes, Home Depot or a plumbing supply.

These are the ones at Lowes and Home Depot made by WATTS:
HexNipple.jpg

No. 122 Hex Nipple
122-2
1⁄8" MIP Both Ends
A-714

You can get a male 1/8" NPT check valve from Clippard, Swagelok, Parker, eBay, etc. Get a low cracking pressure check valve.

This wouldn't be my first choice, but it will work. Here is an eBay Clippard female 1/8" NPT check valve with a 1/2 psig cracking pressure. If you get this, you will need 3 of the 1/8" NPT hex nipples. Two will go on each side of the check valve and one will go between the solenoid and Ideal needle valve.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Clippard-Minima...ic_Hydraulic_Valves_Parts&hash=item53e41fe563

Ideal52-1-12NeedleValve.jpg

MA957.jpg

Matt F.

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
May 30, 2009
California
my guess is you'd prob need a new jbj bubble counter, too. The nipple outlet for the gas in that milwaukee bubble counter is conneceted to the needle valve. You remove the needle valve and you have a gaping hole...no fine bubbles just a lump of gas escaping into the bubble counter from the new 1/8"npt fitting and the idea valve...

darkoon

Prolific Poster
Jul 12, 2010
I retrofitted Milwaukee setup by swapping out the stock regulator with a 2-stage harris and a swagelok low flow metering valve. Milwaukee needle vale is left alone because 1st, I wanted to minimize the changes/cost, 2nd it was a bit difficult to take off.

5019913275_870c8ebe65.jpg

Heemskn also swapped out the stock Milwaukee needle valve with a parker metering valve.
here is his built.
attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator: