This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Questions Setting Up Sgt500 & Burkert Brass 200a

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by KushMcPiffinton, Aug 16, 2018.

1. KushMcPiffinton

KushMcPiffinton Junior Poster

Local Time:
    4:28 AM
    Hello guys Im new but Ive been reading up here for about 3 years off and on. Before i begin, i just have to say you guys are really informative and i really hope you all can help.

So Im setting up my first planted 40B and I have a victor... i want to say its an SGT500, as well as a brass burkert 200a with the appropriate din..

my questions are thus
    1)does it matter that my regulator and solenoid are not the same (stainless steel vs brass). could something bad happen because of it?

2) My Burkert 200a says its 24v dc 04W and states a max psi of 85. Im not an electrician, but Ive re-plugged my share of shredded vaccuum cables.. Considering the solenoid says 24V DC 04W. How should I wire it up? Furthermore an 85psi max on my solenoid is not unreasonably low, is it?

2. entreri

entreri New Member

Local Time:
    11:28 PM
    I would recommend this awesome article about corrosion and electrolysis
    https://www.fastenal.com/content/feds/pdf/Article%20-%20Corrosion.pdf

As a general rule it is always better not to mix different metals to avoid corrosion.
    On top of that, but I do not think it applies to you, is galling of Stainless steel, but that's when the thread is on the SS side. If you try to screw SS into brass I would suggest using teflon tape and teflon paste combined

3. guy4123

guy4123 New Member

Local Time:
    8:28 PM
    1) For the application of CO2, the mixing of metals doesn't matter as much. It would be a different story if water was passing through, but hopefully, that's not happening in your CO2 system.
    2) The amount of current going through the wires is minor ~167 mA, which is less than what goes through most phone chargers (those have thin wires also). Also, 85 PSI is way more than the max for this hobby (50 PSI max for those diffusers and much less for reactors).

Tags: