This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

questions about my first nano

Discussion in 'Aquascaping' started by reiverix, Oct 21, 2005.

1. reiverix

reiverix Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

[​IMG]

This is what I have so far. I plan to dose excel or maybe inject pressurized Co2. I'm thinking about maybe 7-15 watts of true CF light in a mounted pendant hanging over it or an Azoo glaxy light suspended above. Dwarf hairgrass in the back and HC in the front. Prolly a submersed filter hidden somewhere like the back left corner and covered by the hairgrass. Maybe some kind of moss tied to the branches at the top.

I've never done a nano tank before. Any advice on plants or the proper wattage or a supersmall submersed filter?

I want all the equipment to be hidden and to really give it the appearance of being a full sized tank. I think the dwarf hairgrass in the back and the HC carpet in the front could really give the effect, especially if I used a very fine textured moss of some kind on the branches.

ANy advice would be appreciated.

[​IMG]

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator Social Group Admin

Re: questions about my first nano

Cherry shrimp and perhaps some rasboras/endler's would be nice.

Sounds fine, but HC does seem to prefer CO2, does much better with it(It's a weed then).

Regards,
    Tom Barr

3. reiverix

reiverix Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Oh man, I hadn't even thought about critters! Someone needs to breed dwarf shrimp.

I just ordered an Azoo Galaxy PC clipon light, 13w and a spare bulb just in case. With shipping it was only like $28. I'll paint the housing black.

I found a small 2.5lb Aluminum Co2 cylinder on Ebay that I might order. It's only 10 inches tall.

I'm seriously considering making a little ADA style stand for it, maybe a foot tall, to house the Co2 if I use it and just to look darn cool! Would cost next to nothing to make.

4. Cornhusker

Cornhusker Guru Class Expert

random, just a thought but if you desire a tank like that not to show any equipment, then have tank drilled just above substrate line. then you can use a small canister filter and inline heater.that small of a tank i would go with excell,that way you could spend the money having it drilled instead of for all the co2 equipment.much less pruning if you pick the right plants. cherry shrimp is a very good choice,i think they are the best algae eater from my experience and they are fun to watch. regards,cornhusker :) :)