Questions about a non co2 tank

stefan99

Junior Poster
Dec 2, 2015
Hi

(sorry my english isnt that good, hopefully u can understand it:confused:)

I'm new at this forum. Someone gives me this site :D Can find a lot off information here. Great site u made.

I wants to start a tank without co2. Using the EI. 36W/120L (0,3 W.l) or 36W/31gallon (1,16W/g). And each weak 50% water change.

Plants will be anubias, crypto's, vallisneria and some moss

Will this work? I wouldnt feed algea.

If it doesnt work. What should i change to make this work. I prefer a non co2 tank.

I read the sticky about non co2 tanks, but not sure that i understand it 100%...

Greets Stefan

stefan99

Junior Poster
Dec 2, 2015
Solcielo lawrencia said:
You may not need to dose anything except potassium and maybe some iron. The fish food should provide the other nutrients.

Thanks

But when i use the whole EI. Not only potassium and some irons, i'm not feeding algea? Quit new with the EI so i prefer not to take too much risk....

Mar 20, 2013
US
EI concept is basically supplying what the plants need so that they have the nutrients available to grow. Fish waste provides more than enough nutrients and it isn't necessary to dose in many cases.

Scott Wilson

Junior Poster
Apr 28, 2016
Sorry fogot to post my tank size is 29 gallons. I have 60 lbs of eco complete ready to add. Not sure how much lenardite to use under it?