This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Questions about a non co2 tank

Discussion in 'Non-CO2 Methods' started by stefan99, Dec 3, 2015.

1. stefan99

stefan99 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    9:54 PM
    Hi

(sorry my english isnt that good, hopefully u can understand it:confused:)

I'm new at this forum. Someone gives me this site :D Can find a lot off information here. Great site u made.

I wants to start a tank without co2. Using the EI. 36W/120L (0,3 W.l) or 36W/31gallon (1,16W/g). And each weak 50% water change.

Plants will be anubias, crypto's, vallisneria and some moss

Will this work? I wouldnt feed algea.

If it doesnt work. What should i change to make this work. I prefer a non co2 tank.

I read the sticky about non co2 tanks, but not sure that i understand it 100%...

Greets Stefan

2. Solcielo lawrencia

Local Time:
    You may not need to dose anything except potassium and maybe some iron. The fish food should provide the other nutrients.

3. stefan99

stefan99 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Thanks

But when i use the whole EI. Not only potassium and some irons, i'm not feeding algea? Quit new with the EI so i prefer not to take too much risk....

4. Solcielo lawrencia

Local Time:
    EI concept is basically supplying what the plants need so that they have the nutrients available to grow. Fish waste provides more than enough nutrients and it isn't necessary to dose in many cases.

5. Scott Wilson

Scott Wilson Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Can anyone tell me how much leonardite to use under my eco complete for a low tech tank?

6. Scott Wilson

Scott Wilson Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Sorry fogot to post my tank size is 29 gallons. I have 60 lbs of eco complete ready to add. Not sure how much lenardite to use under it?