This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question on Phosphate Test Kit

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by JamesBC, Jul 2, 2008.

1. JamesBC

JamesBC Junior Poster

Is it normal for the API Phosphate test kit to show bright blue when only K2S04 has been added?

Since my new planted tank shows bright blue with the test kit after dosing I decided to check somethings, clean tap water shows negative for phosphate but adding one drop of my mix of Potassium Sulphate(K2S04) and the test then shows bright blue.

I use the term bright blue since it is at or above the 10PPM range of phosphate.

Right now just dosing the tank with KN03 and Trace.

Well thanks for any help,,advice

2. aquabillpers

aquabillpers Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

I can't answer that question, but when I evaluated phosphate test kits 2 years ago, Seachem's kit was clearly more accurate than several others. They also included a test solution with it.

Bill

3. aquabillpers

aquabillpers Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

I can't answer that question, but when I evaluated phosphate test kits 2 years ago, Seachem's kit was clearly more accurate than several others. They also included a test solution with it.

Bill