This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Question For No3 Dose

Discussion in 'Advanced Strategies and Fertilization' started by fitos100, Jun 17, 2019.

1. fitos100

fitos100 New Member

Local Time:
    5:28 PM
    I try to figure how much consumption of NO3 I have in my tank. I add NO3 from the dose of KNO3 and from my wc water.
    These are the only sources or I also have more amount from my tank, like nitrogen cycle fishes and plants??

2. Phishless

Phishless Lifetime Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    10:28 AM
    NO3 would also include phish waste and any decaying plant matter.
    Anything that decomposes will travel through the nitrogen cycle.

3. fitos100

fitos100 New Member

Local Time:
    5:28 PM
    in general I try the EI method with 50% wc once per week. I dose 7.5 from KNO3 and 7.5 from my water change. So I add 15 ppm weekly. If I have 2 ppm consumption per day, my plants take 15 ppm per week. So is it logical the 10 ppm of NO3 I found at the end of the week by test, to be the rest from nitrogen cycle??