This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Question About Safety Regarding Solenoid Valve That Is Heating

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by Endersen, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Endersen

Endersen New Member

Local Time:
    4:50 PM
    Hi,

I have a cheap solenoid valve that I bought on Amazon, for like 30 euros.
    Sometimes it get stuck in the OFF position, I have to dismountled it (it's quick) and manipulate the spring so it works again.

However, I am going next week for a 2 weeks holiday, and I was wondering if you guys have any idea how dangerous this can be.
    From what I read on different places this is somehow common, but now I am worrying about this could start a fire (?)

Option A
    Should I just shut it off during my time away from home ?

Option B
    I could bypass the valve and just let CO2 during all the time, if I do that I would reduce the debit rate in order not to gas my livestock.

I hope my question is not too stupid, thank you guys for you advices.

2. bshenanagins

bshenanagins Junior Poster

Local Time:
    10:50 AM
    This is why “cheap” in this hobby can be counterproductive. If you could leave it on then I think I would do that to keep CO2 levels stable. But if you leave it off, I would drastically reduce your lighting intensity and period or your going to come back to an algae infestation and very unhealthy plants.

Tags: