This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Question About Dosing My Low Tech

Discussion in 'Estimative Index' started by mexicatz, May 10, 2018.

1. mexicatz

mexicatz Junior Poster

Local Time:
    8:32 PM
    My tank is low tech non co2 moderately planted with crypts, anubias, and marsilea. I figured aquasoil would be enough for ferts, but should I be dosing a small amount through the water column?

Not sure which nutrients will be needed with aquasoil. I have seachem flourish, Kh2po4 and kno3. Is just flourish and maybe a tiny amount of kh2po4 enough for a tank with plants like these or can I get away dosing nothing?

2. Phishless

Phishless Lifetime Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    3:32 PM
    I dose all tanks to reach specific parameters.
    Lo-tech is just a reduced amount.

3. mexicatz

mexicatz Junior Poster

Local Time:
    8:32 PM
    I'm at about 5 nitrates should I be bumping it up to 10-20?

Not sure if you know, but I have a little bit of BBA and seen it can be reduced by doing water changes after lights out. I've been leaving my lights on during vacuuming, turn them off, then add the water. Would the plants still be photosynthesizing a couple minutes after lights out and use the excess co2? I think I'm supposed to be doing the vacuum and addition of water a larger amount of time after lights out.

Also, I had plants come in with a tiny amount of BBA and now other plants have a tiny amount before I could kill it with excel. Would it have spread because of the incorrect water change procedure or is it likely my lighting level? I lowered my par to around 20 from 35-40 and not sure if I needed to.