This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Python Won't Do It's Job

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by csmith, May 28, 2010.

1. csmith

csmith Guest

Has anyone else had an issue with a Python not having the suction to clean the substrate? Mine is taking water out just fine, but even when it's full on it wouldn't pick up detrius, uneaten food etc. from the substrate. Not in the substrate, but sitting on. I'd move my hand by it and it would lift off of the bottom but the Python wouldn't pick it up. Is this normal for the product?

2. Philosophos

Philosophos Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

It all depends on your water pressure and the height of your tank/water line. Try detaching the python from the sink and running the line either into the tub or outside somewhere. So long as you get it draining to a nice, low point it should siphon quite nicely.

3. shoggoth43

shoggoth43 Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Check to make sure there isn't anything stuck in the green part that attaches to the sink. Mine has enough suction to drain a tank on the floor via the bathroom sink. Something seems off here but if you don't have much water pressure from the faucet you're not going to be able to do much with it.

-
    S

4. herns

herns Guru Class Expert

After you tried the above suggestions, check all connections of all parts. Make sure they are tight.

5. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

Simple, cheap and can be cut to whatever depth you want the water change to be.
    Attach other end to shower head with a PVC 1/2" FPT to garden hose adapter.

Turn shower to warm(75-82F), add dechlor
    Drain to yard, landscaping, house plants.

Regards,
    Tom Barr