Putting 2 filters in parallel....

niru

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2011
Basel, Switzerland
Hi All

maybe this question has already been answered before...

I have TetraTex 1200 and a 1000 lph pump that feeds a CO2 reactor, currently separated in the tank. There is a pre-filter doing mechanical filteration & then this water is drawn into TT 1200 cannister & the pump.

Can/How should I connect the outputs of these 2 in parallel?I am less worried about the flow loss, than any back flow/pressure on the 2 pumps. The TT1200 has very less media inside & hence a good flow (havent measured it, but guess its around 800 lph at least). The pump draws the water from tank, and pushes it out of a CO2 reactor (Aquamedic type). Both have separate spray bars at the output. I would like to combine these spraybars into a single one.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Niru

Gerryd

Plant Guru Team
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2007
South Florida
niru;94921 said:
Hi All

maybe this question has already been answered before...

I have TetraTex 1200 and a 1000 lph pump that feeds a CO2 reactor, currently separated in the tank. There is a pre-filter doing mechanical filteration & then this water is drawn into TT 1200 cannister & the pump.

Can/How should I connect the outputs of these 2 in parallel?I am less worried about the flow loss, than any back flow/pressure on the 2 pumps. The TT1200 has very less media inside & hence a good flow (havent measured it, but guess its around 800 lph at least). The pump draws the water from tank, and pushes it out of a CO2 reactor (Aquamedic type). Both have separate spray bars at the output. I would like to combine these spraybars into a single one.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Niru

Hi,

Make sure when you combine the two outlets you use a LARGER size diameter. You are combining say two 5/8 flows. Do not combine into a single 5/8.

Combine into at least a 1' wye and then go from there...a larger output will flow more water but at less velocity.