This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Putting 2 filters in parallel....

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by niru, Mar 6, 2013.

1. niru

niru Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    12:50 PM
    Hi All

maybe this question has already been answered before...

I have TetraTex 1200 and a 1000 lph pump that feeds a CO2 reactor, currently separated in the tank. There is a pre-filter doing mechanical filteration & then this water is drawn into TT 1200 cannister & the pump.

Can/How should I connect the outputs of these 2 in parallel?I am less worried about the flow loss, than any back flow/pressure on the 2 pumps. The TT1200 has very less media inside & hence a good flow (havent measured it, but guess its around 800 lph at least). The pump draws the water from tank, and pushes it out of a CO2 reactor (Aquamedic type). Both have separate spray bars at the output. I would like to combine these spraybars into a single one.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Niru

2. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Hi,

Make sure when you combine the two outlets you use a LARGER size diameter. You are combining say two 5/8 flows. Do not combine into a single 5/8.

Combine into at least a 1' wye and then go from there...a larger output will flow more water but at less velocity.

3. niru

niru Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Thanks Gerry. I want to minimize the tubes going into my tank. Am thinking of combinings the outputs...