This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Purigen spawned Planaria?

Discussion in 'Aquatic Microbiology' started by cdaJiv, Dec 13, 2017.

1. cdaJiv

cdaJiv New Member

Local Time:
    4:34 AM
    I recently recharged/regenerated a 100 mL bag of Purigen, I did as directed by Seachem following all the correct ratios and durations. After I finished with the process I wasn't quite ready to put the Purigen back into by canister filter so I put it in a glass container with a lid and filled the container with water that had been treated with either Neutral Regulator or Prime (I don’t remember which specifically).

I left it in a dark area for about a week or two and when I came back I examined the glass container and found that it was completely stacked with what I could only assume was Planaria/Detritus Worms…

The Purigen was as white as it was after I bleached it and had no additional coloring or browning and I did take extra care to make sure that when I rinsed the bag both prior as well as after bleaching, to make sure that if there was any organic matter that got inside of the bag that I washed it away.

I am just at a loss of explication of what could have caused this. Can anyone fill me in, I imagine that I’m not the only person who has experienced something like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk