Proposed meeting @ George's

George Farmer

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2006
Stamford, Lincs, UK
Frankly I'm amazed, but I timed it well and my wonderful wife has agreed to allow a meeting at my place.

I propose an informal gathering of around a dozen or so folk where we can talk plants, swap stuff etc.

It will obviously be a social event too, so I'm up for doing a big BBQ with plenty of food and drinks etc. Hopefully the British weather will do us proud.... :cool:

More details to follow....

Any feedback or ideas more than welcome.

john starkey

Junior Poster
Apr 6, 2007
worcester uk
Hi George good on the wife, But im afraid i cant make that weekend because some friends of mine are holding a memorial fishing match in memory of my son Ben and to raise money for macmillan cancer nurses my wife and i feel we should show our faces in support, i will keep looking in incase there is a change of date and i hope the weekend is a success. regards John.;) :(

JamesC

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2005
Kent, UK
Sounds good and would love to come. Won't know till nearer the time if I'm able to go as we often go away bank holiday weekends.

James

BHornsey

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2006
Doncaster, UK
I'll say a tentative YES :)
Confirm a bit nearer the time.
It's only an 1½ hour jaunt down the A1 from Donny :cool:

Slackey

Junior Poster
Jan 7, 2007
Bedfordshire UK
Well thats just bl**dy typical! you choose a date two weeks after I move to Wales! so my 50 min jaunt to your house will then be around 4 hours:p I will do my best though mate, solidarity between Liz's finest and all that:D

Aeropars

Junior Poster
Apr 6, 2007
I'll be there if your ok with that George. I wont know until a month or so as i'll have to ensure i'm not working.

Dave Spencer

Prolific Poster
Jan 9, 2007
I`d love to go, but I have to wash my Hairgrass that night.

Actually, miracle of miracles I am off work that day so I can make it. I could show everybody my war medals I earnt whilst serving in Her Majesty`s Finest.

jimbooo

Junior Poster
Apr 6, 2007
tentative yes from me too. saturdays are generally fine as the misses works! be great to meet up i'll confirm closer to the time but cant see it clashing with anything. Thanks George for getting the ball rolling.

themuleous

Junior Poster
Aug 18, 2006
Oxford
Thats a good one Dave :) I got 'you geek' looks from both my GF and sister, but I dont care! LOL

Can you count me in George, I'll probably not be doing much that wkd.

Sam

eds

Junior Poster
Apr 22, 2007
Nottingham, UK
If there's space George I'd love to crack a few beers round a bbq with you all. And it's a nice drive from Nottingham! Be great to meet and chat with everyone.

George Farmer

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2006
Stamford, Lincs, UK
Firstly a quick explanation for my lack of activity on here...

I've just moved house, moved job location, have been away from home on courses and have only just sorted internet connection.

Anyway, the meet is still on for the 25th Aug (bank holiday weekend).

For those that are serious about attending, please e-mail [email protected]

I'm limiting guests to around 10 or so. I already have PFK technical writer, Jeremy Gay attending. He's a great guy and has some fascinating stories about the industry.

keith00

Junior Poster
Jun 16, 2007
Leicester
I would love to come as I am new and have never seen a planted tank in the flesh. The problem is that I don't have a car so would anyone be prepared to pick me up from Leicester?