This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Ppm Levels Per Week With Ei Dosing

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plant Fertilization' started by rs18alpha, Oct 26, 2018.

1. rs18alpha

rs18alpha Subscriber

Local Time:
    5:29 AM
    I've been doing a lot of reading about EI dosing and I wanted see if my numbers are ok?
    I was dosing these amounts 3 times per week with a 50% or so plant mass. 40 gal, CO2 injection diy co2 reactor, mid to high light. Fluval Stratum substrate. 50% WC every week.
    NO3 22ppm
    KH2PO4 4.1ppm Question: I keep seeing articles that say the PO4 should be higher. But that would raise the K more, and I don't know how much K is to much??
    K2SO4 8ppm
    K from N and P 19ppm
    Total K 27ppm
    CSM+B Fe0.94
    Question: I have MGSO4 but I don't know if I need to use it? I was going to dose 3.5ppm per week?

Plants, various crypts, mosses, s.repens,hygro corymbosa, java fern trident. And a plant that's called hygro sp. low grow, gut it might be a hygro polysperma?

I read an article that said to dose less NO3 and less Fe but since I've reduced those two ferts I'm not seeing as much pearling from my plants.
    I want to go back to my old amounts. That's why I thought I'd ask if my levels are good?

Question: I don't know if I should dose 3 times a week or every day?
    If I dose 3 times a week, what should I do on the 7th day?

Question: can I dose the macs and mics on the same day?

I think that's it for now.

Thanks for the help!!

2. Phishless

Phishless Lifetime Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    12:29 AM
    Ca & Mg can be in one's tap water, with RODI they must be added.
    These typically add up to the GH levels in the aquarium.
    What's in your water?

Generally dosing is over 6 days, alternating macros(3 days) and micros(3 days) and on the
    7th day when the big man is resting upstairs we are hauling buckets doing a WC. :rolleyes:

Dosing both on the same day can also pose some debate.
    Many factors could be @ play, every tank being different.
    To avoid precipitation of any compounds rendering them unavailable for plants 6 day dosing may be best.

3. rs18alpha

rs18alpha Subscriber

Local Time:
    5:29 AM
    I've tried to get a water report from my local water source, but I haven't been able to get it so far. Once I do get it I'll know what's in my water.
    In the mean time would it be ok to dose the amounts you provided my on your other thread?

4. Phishless

Phishless Lifetime Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    12:29 AM
    Do you have a GH test kit?
    I'd think a 4-6 dGH would suffice for most tanks.

5. Kaldurak

Kaldurak New Member

Local Time:
    9:29 PM
    What's your city/county/municipality name? They HAVE to make these numbers available to the general public. My google-fu is strong and will get what you need.