This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Power out.

Discussion in 'Aquatic Microbiology' started by Reginald James, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Reginald James

Reginald James Junior Poster

Local Time:
    1:05 PM
    SMUD turned off my electric. Apparantly you need to pay your bill on time to receive power, strange concept. :p

So it got turned off at 11am and should be back by 5pm. Do you think my micro flora will be toast? I'll be checking parameters the next few days but I really don't want to re-cycle this tank from scratch...

Someone tell me it will all be OK.

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    Should be fine, drop in temp is the biggest concern, this is why it's good to have gas heat etc also.

3. Biollante

Biollante Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Plants Should Be Fine...

Hi,

Hate when that happens.
    :rolleyes:

For future reference if and when the power goes out place blanket(s) over and around the tank, then like the refrigerator, do not peak, water has an amazing ability to retain heat.
    :gw

Biollante

4. Reginald James

Reginald James Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Thank you both. Temp Dropped from 80 to 76. Luckily power was restored by 530pm. All is well with the world.

This incident has increased my desire for a ph controller and solenoid valve. Was going to wait till Xmas but I don't want to risk gassing my fish again. Luckily my gf was home so I could walk her through turning off my co2 tank...