This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

power head for Mazzi 384

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by Russ, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Russ

Russ Guest

I'm setting up a a Mazzi venturi model 384. Will a Maxi-Jet 1200 power head (295 gph) provide enough water flow/pressure for it?

thanks,

-Russ

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

I'd go to the 400-600Gal/h range or so.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

3. Russ

Russ Guest

Thanks for the reply Tom. I've always used canister filters, so I'm pretty pump illiterate. Could you suggest a pump or two? Looks like I'll have to nix the idea of using a small in tank pump to get to the 400-600 range.

I have a Maxi-Jet 1200, so I tried it. Power head is near the surface and I loop over the tank rim to the Mazzi, then back over the rim to a spray bar for the return. There's little flow, but the mist that comes out of the return is extremely fine - much finer than the results I get with the Kent Marine venturi on my other tanks. The suction on the CO2 line is so great that it collapses the silicon line I was using and I switched to some Tygon tubing I had lying around. It is obvious I'll need to get a stronger pump to get enough flow to get the CO2 level up. I'm wondering if I got the wrong model of Mazzi? This is for a 75g.

Maybe I should cut my losses and get a needle wheel pump like the small Octopus you reference in the needle thread. Might be a lot simpler.

As always, thanks a bundle,

-Russ

Attached Files: