This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Potassium Deficiency?

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plant Fertilization' started by bshenanagins, Sep 27, 2017.

1. bshenanagins

bshenanagins Junior Poster

Local Time:
    2:40 PM
    IMG_2173.JPG IMG_2172.JPG Based on these images is my hygro suffering from low potassium? I've done a little searching but I just wanted to make sure. My other plants are not showing the same symptoms so I'm just curious, I read somewhere that potassium is the first to be depleted in a soil based substrate however I think it's bit a early for that to have happened? This tank has only been up since the last week of July. These are mostly older leaves however some new leaves here and there are showing the same thing.

2. snarkingturtle

Local Time:
    9:40 AM
    May or may not be relevant, but if they were trimmed and replanted recently and haven't yet rooted well then they will be using water column only, not the soil.

3. burr740

burr740 Micros Spiller
    Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    8:40 AM
    If it was any other plant then it's almost certainly low K.

But Hygros do this same thing when micros or Fe is too high. So depending on what you're dosing, could be that too.

4. bshenanagins

Local Time:
    Hmm really. I dose flourish and I was pretty heavy with it but I recently did a big waterchange to remove some dirt that surfaced and now I'm just dosing flourish once a week. I guess I'll keep an eye on my micros and see if that makes a difference

5. rajkm

rajkm Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    The yellowing along the tips and borders and nutrient deficiency
    the other with pin holes and no yellow borders to it, is the general Hygro issue which may or may not be related to Micros (still being debated)

6. bshenanagins

Local Time:
    That's what I figured with the yellowing, so I'll pay more attention to the micros and up my potassium when I get some.