This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Portable Ro/di Unit Review

Discussion in 'Off Topic and Chat' started by Gabe Hayes, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Gabe Hayes

Gabe Hayes New Member

Local Time:
    10:12 PM
    I have the RO/DI unit from AquaFX -- the Barracuda. Which one do you have? I only have a 29 gallon tank so this suits my needs. This is how I do it:

[​IMG]

It just hooks up to my showerhead via a garden hose to shower head adapter (cant remember the actual size)

This is the easiest hookup I have in my one bedroom apartment, the faucet in the kitchen doesn't fit any adapter I can find (plus my wife hates me using up the kitchen sink for hours).

Question for you all-- the TDS of my tap water comes out at 257ppm, the TDS out of the RO membrane is 15ppm (it then comes out 0pmm after the DI. This roughly 94% effeciency, or rejection or whatever they call it. Is that good? I've had the RO membrane for a year and only make roughly 10 gallons a week.