PM's

Wö£fëñxXx

Prolific Poster
Jan 24, 2005
Greg mon! ;)
What are the chances of getting the storage space for PM's increased? 10 is rather small and does not take long to fill up... :rolleyes:

Thanks

chubasco

Guru Class Expert
Jan 24, 2005
Re: PM's

Wö£fëñxXx said:
Greg mon! ;)
What are the chances of getting the storage space for PM's increased? 10 is rather small and does not take long to fill up...

Dear God, Greg, why? That's just mean!

I'm kiddin'....aren't I? :D
I know, it costs more money for the extra space :rolleyes:

Bill
(another malcontent from Northern Alabama, the Mid-South)

chubasco

Guru Class Expert
Jan 24, 2005

Also, it looks like there's a filter/stop via Admin to post emails to fellow subscribers. Seems like that could be set up by subscriber in their profile section, whether they wanted to receive emails or not. This could save, over time, valuable hours of Admin involvement. Thank you for your consideration of this matter. Thank you very much :D

Bill

Greg Watson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
United States

Wö£fëñxXx said:
Greg mon! ;)
What are the chances of getting the storage space for PM's increased? 10 is rather small and does not take long to fill up... :rolleyes:

Thanks

Limits limits limits ... Ok ... I have increased it ... but it will come at a price ... I will also try to figure out how to set it to automatically purge messages older than XX days ...

Right now we had:
1 user at the 10 PM message limit
1 user at 9 PM's
2 users at 8 PM's
3 users at 6 PM's
4 users at 4 PM'2

And a whole bunch at 3,2,&1 ... so I suspect ... that almost everyone affected by this change is already here in this forum !!!!

Greg

Greg Watson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
United States

bill ruyle said:
Also, it looks like there's a filter/stop via Admin to post emails to fellow subscribers. Seems like that could be set up by subscriber in their profile section, whether they wanted to receive emails or not. This could save, over time, valuable hours of Admin involvement. Thank you for your consideration of this matter. Thank you very much :D

Bill

This is set by individual subscribers in your User CP (Control Panel) ...

If you want to allow people to send you email:
click on USER CP
click on Edit Options
then check the checkbox for "You can allow other members to send you email messages. Receive Email from Other Members "

By default this is off ... most people consider this to be spam ...

By default, the vCard is also turned off ... however, if you would like people to be able to download a vCard with your name and email address in it which makes it really easy to add you to their contact list in their favorite mail program, you can also check the Allow vCard download checkbox ... however, by default, this will also be off ... as most people don't want their personal email address to be available to just anyone ...

However, the same person that would cry "spam" ... would probably also use that very same email address to post a message to email digest list !!!!!

Greg

P.S. So Bill ... when are you going to turn on the ability for all of us to send you email messages ... you currently have it disabled ...

chubasco

Guru Class Expert
Jan 24, 2005

Greg Watson said:
P.S. So Bill ... when are you going to turn on the ability for all of us to send you email messages ... you currently have it disabled ...

Well prep me for surgery, I'll look into it forthwith! :eek:

Thanks, Greg,

Bill